Soak in the beauty of each day
Mindfulness as a daily practice is incredibly powerful
When you’re intentional about the moments that make up your life…
- You become more present.
- You have control over your thoughts and reactions.
- Decision-making becomes simpler.
- Releasing negativity is a routine habit.
In fact, American researcher Dan Buettner claims that, “scientific studies suggest
that only about 25 percent of how long we live is dictated by genes... The other 75
percent is determined by our lifestyles and the everyday choices we make.
It follows that if we optimize our lifestyles, we can maximize our life expectancies
within our biological limits.”
You can take control of your life and your health by incorporating these three simple techniques into each day.
3 Steps to enhance mindfulness
1.Move your body
One of the best ways to tune into your awareness is to honor your body with
movement. This can be as simple as enjoying a walk through nature, or as
rigorous as a karate session.
The type of exercise you choose is not as important as the decision to do it
consistently. It’s for this reason that Japanese culture embeds rajio taiso, a
daily exercise routine broadcasted on the radio.
Choose a workout routine that you enjoy, and allow your mind and body to be
fully present with your movement and your breath.
The mindfulness you achieve afterward will carry you through the rest of your
In today’s modern society, life moves fast. Especially if you live in the city— it’s
almost impossible to avoid the rushed lifestyle.
If we’re not careful, we’ll hurry to get ready for the day, we’ll run off to work,
we’ll scramble to finish our work, and then we’ll quickly nosh on dinner and
prepare for bed.
A day can come and go in the blink of an eye. The key to incorporating
enhanced mindfulness is to slow down.
Pursuing a leisurely-paced lifestyle allows your body to process your
surroundings, while your mind is able to find space and stability. Offer yourself
a pause and a breath to enjoy the task at hand.
At ILEM JAPAN, we love curating intentional moments to take time to soak up
the day. Learn more about our philosophies on our About Us.
3.Engage in community
It’s said that one of the secrets to a long life is being surrounded by an
One of the simplest ways to improve quality of life is to engage with others by
doing something you already love doing. Pursue a new craft at a local
community center, pursue a passion project with friends, or engage with
locals at your favorite tea bar.
Japanese culture invites plenty of opportunity to spend time with others. By
engaging in friendships, it not only improves your mood and your day– but it
also increases your lifespan.
For both the short term and the long term benefits– it’s worth the investment
to spend time with loved ones and neighbors.
Looking for more ways to incorporate mindfulness into your day?
Enjoy a brand new personal care routine with wellness products cultivated from
Japan’s natural flora.
Discover a new efficacious skincare ritual to enhance your day inside our shop.
Founded on Integrity, Made in Japan
ILEM JAPAN is a thoughtful wellness
company that serves gentle personal care
products to support overall wellbeing. Our
effective, plant-based products are the
perfect addition to any busy and thriving